Earlier this week, an interview I did about my month in Paris last November was published on the website Bonjour Paris, rather synchronously, as I spend a second extended sojourn in the City of Light.
I have been back in Paris for two weeks and will be here for four more. So far, it’s been fairly awesome. And here are some of the reasons why:
- My view of the (top of the) Eiffel Tower from the skylight in my bedroom. Most nights, I watch it twinkle at the top of the hour before I go to bed.
- The fresh flowers and bottles of wine my Airbnb host left for me as a welcome gift.
- Being here for the May 1st holiday and buying myself some Lilies of the Valley, as tradition dictates.
- The way the tree outside my living room window sways in even the slightest breeze.
- The picnic at the Parc du Champ De Mars last Sunday with friends.
- Having an office to go to in Neuilly-Sur-Seine.
- Making a restaurant reservation over the phone, in french.
- One of my best friends in Dublin flying to Paris just to celebrate my birthday with me.
- The classical music concert at Saint Chapelle with that friend.
- The “Ça va?” I get from the waiter as I walk by the cafe where I am a regular.
- Writing jokes in french as part of my language class assignment, and getting laughs from my classmates when I read them out loud.
- The magical thunder storm on Friday night. I opened my windows wide and just listened and breathed in the air.
- The dinner party last night where our host made “french mex” (it was delicious!).
Now, I’m off to add enjoy this beautiful day and add to the list.
Bon dimanche à vous!